1. OT, OTA, and COTA members must be certified under requirements set by the Allied Health
2. Student members shall be enrolled in an OTAG accredited institution or WFOT accredited or
approved occupational therapy program.
3. Honorary members must have been a member of the Association for at least 10 years, and have
performed distinguished service for the Association, and must be elected by a majority vote of
the OTAG membership. The name of the candidate for honorary membership must be
presented in writing to the Executive Board of the Association with the signatures of at least ten
(10) members in good standing. The Board shall receive the petition at least two months prior to
the annual meeting. If the Board acts favourably, the members of the Association shall be
notified of the nomination at least thirty (30) days prior to the annual meeting. The Board can
present only one candidate for election within any one fiscal year.
4. Sustaining members must pay a fee according to the fee structure approved by the Executive
Board. Sustaining member status allows an individual to be recognized for providing additional
financial support for the Association.
5. Retired members must submit a request and prove of retirement status to the Executive Board.
The Board will determine the outcome of the application at its next regularly scheduled
meeting. Retired member status allows OT Practitioners who are no longer gainfully employed
in Occupational Therapy to maintain active OTAG membership at a reduced rate.
6. Organizational/business members must express an interest in belonging to OTAG, must be
approved by the Executive Board, and must pay a fee according to the fee structure as approved
by the Executive Board.
7. Foreign / Overseas members must express an interest in belonging to OTAG, must be approved
by the Executive Board, and must pay a fee according to the fee structure as approved by the
8. Non-OT membership requires an individual to be a related education, health or human service
professional or consumer. Non-OT members do not have a vote within the Association.
To become an OTAG member kindly fill the membership form here. After filling form please send to email@example.com.
Subscribe to our news letters
The purpose of the Association is to advance and support the occupational therapy profession and OT practitioners (OT (Occupational Therapist), OTA (Occupational Therapy Assistant) and COTA (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant) within Ghana.